Monday, October 17, 2011

Close to home…

I’m not an avid IndyCar watcher/fan, but I do watch on occasion…Growing up, my dad would have the Sunday Indy races on TV.

IndyCar champion, Dan Wheldon, had a horrific crash yesterday, killing him at the age of 33.  He left behind his wife, 7-month-old and 2-year-old sons….such a tragic, tragic story.  Life is so precious…in an instant everything can change.

I attempt to take what I can from stories like this.  It helps me to realize how precious life is, and how silly it is to live with stress and unhappiness.  It helps me to realize that nothing else matters beyond my family’s wellbeing.  There are times where my mind drifts a little from this, but I’ve been learning and finding it easier and easier to remember that life is simple……F.A.M.I.L.Y.    :)

65456806

Dan Wheldon with his wife and two boys

No comments:

Post a Comment