Mother’s Day Weekend

The weather couldn’t have been better!  We spent two days almost entirely outside.  We now have grass and a new Maple Tree in our front yard, so Annika has been having a lot of fun out there.  I took her and Selena to Dragonfly Park at Bishop Mac High School on Saturday and nana and papa met us there.  Here is a link to some pictures that we took…

Park Photos!

Sunday morning Annika, Selena and I headed over to nana and papa’s house to wish nana a happy Mother/Nana’s Day.  Uncle David and Aunt Jenn went out and bought me an egg mc’muffin, Lindt flower chocolate AND a cute little flower pot and seeds to grow some pretty flowers :)  What a great brother I have!  On top of that, even more special, Jenn asked me to be a bridesmaid, and Annika to be the flower girl!  Can’t wait!  This is the church they’re getting married in on July 21, 2012.

2376387488_9bee84d603 800px-Church_Of_Our_Lady_Immaculate_in_Guelph_Ontario

Church of Our Lady

 

Later Sunday morning, Auntie Char and BJAMS went to the park and a little walk through the trails, and then had lunch at Borealis.  A great end to a great weekend!

This poem was read on the Disney Channel Sunday morning – it very truly describes what I feel for my girls ….so I thought I would share :)

A Mother’s Lullaby

My heart is like a fountain true
That flows and flows with love to you.
As chirps the lark unto the tree
...So chirps my pretty babe to me.
There's not a rose where'er I seek,
As comely as my baby's cheek.
There's not a comb of honey-bee,
So full of sweets as babe to me.
There's not a star that shines on high,
Is brighter than my baby's eye.
There's not a boat upon the sea,
Can dance as baby does to me.
No silk was ever spun so fine
As is the hair of baby mine.
My baby smells more sweet to me
Than smells in spring the elder tree.
A little fish swims in the well,
So in my heart does baby dwell.
A little flower blows on the tree,
My baby is the flower to me.
The Queen has sceptre, crown and ball,
You are my sceptre, crown and all.
For all her robes of royal silk,
More fair your skin, as white as milk.
Ten thousand parks where deer do run,
Ten thousand roses in the sun,
Ten thousand pearls beneath the sea,
My babe more precious is to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elena

In the moment–and March Break Madness

Annika Name Day!